Are you looking for a competitive edge? Are you trying to understand your competitors business model? Are you having a difficult time trying to be the leader in your industry? If you had a way to monitor your competitors, would you want to know how?
Here is a simple way to keep a keen eye on your competition:
- Set up Google Alerts for terms related to the competition.
- Join customer groups on LinkedIn and monitoring what they are saying.
- Monitor LinkedIn SlideShare for new presentations
- Look for blogs and documents created by your competitors and their partners
- Keep an eye out for customer events that might attend
- Follow customers, competitors, and thought leaders on social media, especially Twitter
- Check out Q&A sites such as Quora
- Enroll in your competitor’s new letters
- Use software that uncovers their keywords
- Research their most shared content
And if you think they are not utilizing these same practices, you are fooling yourself.